Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's GiHUNDA!

So I finally procured a hard copy of the text of the Fairy Queen. 'Bout time - that's the inspiration for my oh so mysterious screen name. I've read a good chunk (or so I thought) of the poem from the online text. But then I found the book at a library - and this thing's GINORMOUS. And he only wrote half of what he intended to? The man was psychotic. And all without word processors.

You would think that with the explosion of information exchange nowadays we'd be bumping into all sorts of literary geniouses that would never have made it in the past. After all, any gimp who wants to shoot the breeze has the ability now to snatch a moment of attention from millions of people. (I will almost pass on bashing the news media.)

Perhaps the reason that we don't run into genious is because it is as Edison desecribed - 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration. Without the effort, there's no sacrifice and so nothing worthwhile. Easy come, easy go. I think I'll start using my calligraphy set to keep a journal.

Wait - that means I won't be writing in this. Hmm. Conundrum.

Links to Fairy Queen Stuffity:

Summary
Textual Info on different editions

No comments: