Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Diet Mountain Dew

That's what's in front of me - a tub of Dew. My morning jo - cold. No ice. Spent all last evening purchasing sparklies for my Elizabethan dress. It was so fun - I get lost in the decision making and the imagining. I think it took me over an hour standing in front of the ribbon rack to decide which ribbons I was going to get. They were having a sale on certain kinds of ribbons and not others, and I had a 40% off coupon for one item. So I think I did ok - pretty much everything I got was 30-50% off. But it still came to over $100! Oh, the sparklies! Shiny glass beads, little rhinestones, gold and purple ribbons, gold thread and all sorts of buttons. I just read some where on this web thing that people back in the day used to wear buttons purely to show off that they had buttons. I wonder what the Amish think of that?

There's someone worse than my dad trying to get her children married. According to my father (who likes to make stories interesting and therefore not so factually correct that I entirely rely upon his telling) there's an acquaintance of his that recently moved into the area and is throwing a large party, simply to get her kids hooked up. Ok, I can see that. But then she sends a picture of her son to my dad and asks for him to send a picture of me. Hmm. But I've decided that I'm going to pretend I'm Cinderella - the queen is throwing a ball so her son can choose a bride, and so my fairy godmother will show up, take twenty pounds off of my frame and I'll live happily ever after with an ex-pro basketball player retiring in his early 30's. Ah, I love happy endings.


Votum, Anhelo, Fides, Conatus.
Prayer, Desire, Faith, Effort.



Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

No comments: