Monday, September 12, 2005

Bum Rolls

Finished up my bum roll for my Elizabethan dress last night.  It makes my hips look so wide - "Does this make me look fat? .... Excellent!"  I shouldn't be as excited about it as I am.  And it's Monday morning - there's so much to look forward to: Fall clothing (I love sweaters; they do so much for my figure)  with fall colors (most of my closet is earth toned, which I affectionately call poo colored) and the nip in the air and snow in the mountains.  I think it's snowing in the mountains right now!  And work and Halloween costumes.  What fun!
 
Today's my parents 31st wedding anniversary.  My mom was telling me this morning that their wedding day was hell.  She told me a good bit of the story and I'd have to agree.  I think when I get married, I'd rather elope and avoid all of that trouble.  The reception's not for the bride and groom anyway - it's for everyone else.  But I'm glad that my mom and dad still got married and stuck with it, despite their difficult parents and their own misgivings.  I know that my parent's struggle with each other.  As I get older I see more and more when they're fighting and such.  But I also see more and more the amount of effort they put into making things work.  Now that's true love - forgiving, forgetting and trusting the other that no matter all of your weaknesses and my nastiness, we're still going to be there for each other.  I can tell it hurts them sometimes.  But I also know it comforts them.


Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

No comments: