Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Found a Cave


Certainly not the platonic ideal. I heard a disturbing thing and wonder if this is the site.

For a while there, each year I'd hike a local mountain to the top with some friends. Law school hit and I haven't been to the top since my 1L year. (And my body shows it.) Talking with these friends the other day I mentioned that I'd like to go again, and they said that I might just die if I did.

Turns out that it isn't a very funny joke because a friend who went with them last year actually did die the week after hiking the mountain with them. He was hiking through some caves in a local canyon with some other friends. The group drowned while attempting to swim through a portion of the cave.

So, I was hiking in the canyon and found this cave, and I just wonder if it's the site of something horrible.

On a whinier note - why me? It's good therapy to put a bit of whining after talking about tragic deaths, just to keep things in perspective. Afterall, my life is actuallly quite good. So why do I still feel depressed? I understand that it's an illness, that there's a physical problem with my brain's neurotransmitters. But why do I feel this way. I had an appointment to go see an accountant (as I'm moving up in my worldly fortunes - not significantly, just enough to annoy me). As I'm driving there, I start crying. I can't take it! I cry at the drop of a hat. Anyway - I need to get to work. Life's not that bad. It's butt in the chair time. I'm not heading into a dark cave, no matter what it feels like.

No comments: