Monday, January 09, 2006

Scars

It seems as if this is turning into my complaining page.  So, I just totally biffed it in court.  And it costs the client 2 thousand bucks.  Lessons learned:  (1) Never assume anything, especially that people will stick by their word.  (2) Always know the facts of your case backwards and forwards.  The facts are everything.  If you don't know them it doesn't matter how much law you know. (3) Over preparation is far better than faking it.  Never, never fake it.  I'm not smart enough to get away with that.  (4) Mentally put on my battle gear before going into court.  I'm too easy going naturally that I have to toughen up my approach.  My conscience will tell me if I'm going too far in the nasty direction.
 
I'm turning in a real lawyer. 
 
I just don't want to turn into a Wemmick or a Jaggers.  I won't.  I refuse to.  But how do I avoid it?
 

No comments: