Tuesday, January 24, 2006

dORC of the Rings Con


Got back yesterday from the One Ring Convention. The theme of the weekend between Galadariel and I was "I'm surrounded by nerds!" and "I'd be so embarrassed to be seen with people like this." Recall, we say this while our ears are pointy. I'll have to type a bit more about it later, but for the time being, here are some pics.

I entered the costume contest, but my dress was just so obviously Queen Elizabeth that these supposedly imaginative people just couldn't see it as belonging in Middle Earth, so I didn't win. But when strangers bow to you as you walk down the hall, that's a winning feeling that I could get used to.

A very nice lady (I'll have to find her name) dressed in a fantastic hobbit costume applied my ears. They lasted for two days. Oh, the pointy joy.

No comments: